Board Meeting Minutes Monday, November 6, 2017
In Attendance:Bonnie Hicks, John Thompson, Gloria Hilliard, Barbara Wilsey, Bryan Rickard, Ruth Bloom,
Absent: Carol Fredericks, Katy Herbst de Cortina, Arlene Kovalivker
Board Meeting: Called to order 7:30PM
I. Approval of October, 2017 Minutes
1. The month-end current asset balance was $15,666.31, an increase of $3,819.49 over the month. It consisted of $6,467.27 in the checking account, $8,426.74 in the savings account, and $772.30 in undeposited funds. This time last year the current asset balance was $11,099.06.
2. This month we sold a further 225 tickets for our Fall concerts, bringing our total ticket revenue to $15,100, for 604 tickets. This does not include Box Office and Ticketmaster sales, which will be reported next month. A sell-out would be 788 tickets.
3. This month we received a $3,500 grant from the Thousand Oaks Community Events Endowment Fund (CEEF), which is more than we have ever received from them before.
4. Our main expense this month was $5,586 for the estimated rental and services for the Scherr Forum for our Fall concerts. The final number may be more or less than that, and will be notified to us in our final bill, probably to be received in December.
5. As the attached budget spreadsheet shows, our net income is currently over $4,000 favorable to budget (cell Q90). This good news is partly due to the CEEF grant being received a month earlier than budgeted, but also because we had excellent ticket sales and incoming donations. We also received $582 for our used shoe collection, which was not budgeted.
2017/18 Budget update for October
We need to see if we need Worker’s Comp
Incoming grants will be $3000 over the budget. We will get $4000 grant from the TO Arts Council of the Conejo Valley which will be applied to our Civic Arts fees
Barbara moved to accept this report and John seconded.
III .Board Members' Reports:
A. President (Bonnie Hicks)
1. The recording night is November 14
2. The group needs to be at the Civic Arts at 12:30 on Saturday to allow time for the Sycamore Canyon
3. The women will wear the black jacket, hair piece and red flower the first half and the purple jacket the
4. Men will wear the red pocket square the first half with the red bow tie. They will wear the black bow tie
5. The shoes for the fund raiser will be picked up from the storage unit on Nov. 8
B. Graphics/Programs (Katy Herbst de Cortina)
1. The programs need to be stuffed with envelopes Nov. 21
C. Concert Master (John Thompson)
1. John is working on getting the flowers for the concert
2. He suggested hiring some students to help move the shell to the stage
D. Choral Director (Gloria Hilliard)
1. Sycamore Canyon will sing on Saturday. That should help with ticket sales
2. Discussed giving the school a scholarship depending on ticket sales
3. Musicians needed for the concert are bass, clarinet, flute, violin, bells and tambourine
4. The music committee has almost completed next year’s programs
5. Our second semester start date is January 16
6. Gloria, Bonnie and John are meeting with the Civic Arts Staff November 16
E. Publicity (Barbara Wilsey)
1. Village Voices concert will be listed on the Civic Arts Marquis
2. An ad will appear in the Arts Council Brochure
3. Any flyers that members put up for the concert need to be taken down by the members
F. Ways and Means (Arlene Kovalivker)
G. Membership (Carol Fredericks
F. Secretary (Ruth Bloom).
1. Thank you notes have been sent for donations.
IV. Old Business
1. Our concert is the same date at CLU’s. Do we have options of other dates at the Civic Arts to avoid conflicts?
2. December 3 is the Celebration of Remembrance. We need singers.
V. New Business
Meeting adjourned at 8:40PM
January 8 -Gloria’s Home