BOARD MEETING Minutes
Monday April 10, 2017
All Member Sotheby’s International Realty 971 Westlake Blvd. (805) 446-1827
In Attendance: Katy Herbst de Cortina, Bonnie Hicks, Jerry Shaw, Bryan Rickard, Gloria Hilliard, Arlene Kovalivker, Carol Fredericks, Judy Berke Absent: Russ Stone
7:30pm Board meeting starts
7. We need to sell 280 more tickets to match budget.
Arlene moves to accept the treasurer’s report. 2nd. Approved.
A. President (Russ Stone)
B. Graphics/Programs (Katy Herbst de Cortina)
1. Katy submitted a Black and White ad to The Happenings.
2. We are continuing to sell ads and song dedications; as of today we have 9 ads sold and 11 “Dedicate- A-Song”.
3. Katy is planning on finishing the program this week and will send it to the board to approve. Then she will bring it the following week to rehearsal for members to review.
4. Program is going to the Printers on May 3. All changes need to be made before that date.
C. Concert Master (Judy Berke)
1. Judy received the folder from Debra and is getting familiar with what her duties are.
D. Choral Director (Gloria Hilliard)
1. The program info has been turned into Katy. All we need is a Violinist for the last song.
We have hired a bass player and percussionist.
2. Katy needs the name for the next concert
E. Publicity (Jerry Shaw)
1. Publicity is moving along. Jerry received a Beyond the Acorn and our concert is listed. Concert information went out to 13 publicity outlets on April 1. We should be seeing them in Late April or early May.
2. Jerry has also contacted the Civic Arts Plaza about making sure our information is in their publicity.
3. It was suggested that we publicize with Next Door.
4. Constant Contact Discussion – We will talk to Doug about updating our Constant Contact mailing list. Jerry is going to talk to Doug and get the login information for Katy to look at.
F. Ways and Means (Arlene Kovalivker)
1. We have 7 bags of shoes. Arlene would like to continue the fundraiser until next semester. We will see how it goes in the next month. Arlene will see how much storage we have. We also will start to remind people every week with the manna
2. We haven’t gotten our check from CPK but she has been in contact with them and will be getting it soon.
3. It was suggested that we do a kickoff event for the season after the first rehearsal, a dinner at a restaurant that we can make money.
G. Membership (Carol Fredericks)
1. Michelle is going to have an end of a year party at her house on June 10.
2. Carol wanted to make sure all the music was turned in by people who dropped out.
3. Carol sent out an email reminding people to be there on time. It was well received by most people.
4. Carol updated the new member information sheet.
H. Secretary (Bonnie Hicks)
1. Scholarship notifications- Letters and checks have been sent out
$150 to Los Primeros School of Science and Arts
$100 to each of the following schools:
Earths Magnet school
Next Meeting: May 8, 2017hostedby Katy Herbst de Cortina