BOARD MEETING Minutes
Monday March 13, 2017
Arlene Kovalivker Sotheby’s International Realty 971 Westlake Blvd. (805) 446-1827
In Attendance: Katy Herbst de Cortina, Bonnie Hicks, Russ Stone, Bryan Rickard, Gloria Hilliard, Arlene Kovalivker, Carol Fredericks Not in Attendance: Jerry Shaw
7:30pm Board meeting starts
consisted of $4,599.01 in the checking account, and $6,525.97 in the savings account. This time last year the current asset balance was $9,762.30.
Last year we awarded $4,500.
B. Other Business
1. Ruth is bringing all the forms that Debra has to our next rehearsal. He will be taking over the
insurance and contract with the Civic Arts Plaza.
2. Did received a $105 check from Jewelry sales.
3. We need to check with Jerry to see if he got our concert information to the Art Scene for the
4. Marissa from the Civic Arts plaza will be sending the contract for the next season soon. They are
making some changes to the contract and then will send it to us. The dates are
Russ moves to accept the treasurer’s report. 2nd. Approved.
A. President (Russ Stone)
B. Graphics/Programs (Katy Herbst de Cortina)
1. Katy are ordered the Posters and the Postcards. She ordered 1000 postcards and 250 flyer size posters. We paid $261.15 this year, but last season we paid about $100 more for less quantity.
2. We will be starting Dedicate a Song and Ad Sales tomorrow before rehearsal.
3. It was discussed that maybe we should have flyers and postcards a little earlier.
C. Concert Master (Judy Berke)- Absent
D. Choral Director (Gloria Hilliard)
1. Music Committee is meeting Wednesday night and making good progress for the Spring
E. Publicity (Jerry Shaw)- Absent
F. Ways and Means (Arlene Kovalivker)
1. CPK fundriaser is Wednesday she will have more flyers to pass out tomorrow.
2. Arlene will be introducing our Shoe Fundraiser at our next rehearsal. Arlene would like to be
able to put our fundraiser flyers on our website.
G. Membership (Carol Fredericks)
1. New Member Information Sheet that she passed around for anyone to see. We are going to look at it and give our suggestions. Carol will give it to our new members
2. Carol is concerned about our attendance and people showing up late. She is thinking she will
send out a funny email about being there on time.
H. Secretary (Bonnie Hicks)
1. Production Schedule: Everything is on schedule
Other students who auditioned include: Kateland Cunningham, Yue Zhao, Annika Dybevik Manfred Anaya, Gretchen Anderson
Next Meeting: April 10, 2017at Sotheby’s