BOARD MEETING Minutes
Monday February 13, 2017
Gloria Hilliard 29036 Tackaberry Ct. Agoura Hills, CA. 91301 (818) 889-1619
In Attendance: Russ Stone, Bonnie Hicks, Carol Fredericks, Jerry Shaw, Bryan Rickard, Gloria Hilliard, Katy Herbst de Cortina Absent: Arlene Kovalivker, Debra Froling Guest: Vita Padalino
7:30pm Board meeting starts
- Approval of January 2017 Minutes –Jerry moves that we accept the minutes. 2nd Approved.
1) Treasurer's Report
A. January Treasurer's Report.
1. The month-end current asset balance was $12,807.25, an increase of $2,713.84 over the
month. It consisted of $6,249.91 in the checking account, $6,425.82 in the savings account, and
$131.52 of not deposited funds. This time last year the current asset balance was $11,797.61.
2. This month, we received $3,300 in membership dues. All of our current 60 members have paid.
3. We received $705 in donations this month, including another $300 from Kay Rolland (she had
already donated $300 in August), and $200 from George Packham’s friends/relatives Gerald Collier and Connie Raabe.
4. Ladera elementary school has still not cashed their $150 check we sent them in April 2017.
5. The monthly actual-to-budget update is attached. This month's figures are in columns Q
through T. Year-to-date, our actual are very close to budget, just $489 favorable to budget (cell
T108). We are budgeting for a $1,654 surplus for the year (cell Z108), as we want to raise the low
for the year from last year's mid-August $1,800 towards the preferred minimum balance of
$5,000. We have a budget total of $3,000 for our scholarships and school grants in April this
Jerry moved that we accept the treasurer’s report. 2nd. Approved.
- Board Members' Reports
A. President (Russ Stone)
1. Web site rehearsal table completed
2. Advertising and “Dedicate-A-Song” documents updated and on the web
3. Election committee identified (Bob K., Fran and Joanne)
4. Letters report (Storage and Insurance) - Both letters were just informational. There is no action
that needs to be taken. The question was asked if we have insurance for our music in the storage
unit. Russ will have Debra check just to make sure that we do have it.
B. Graphics/Programs (Katy Herbst de Cortina)
1. The CD graphics were sent to Jan for the Fall 2016 CD.
2. The poster proof is the only other thing that needs to be done right now.
C. Concert Master (Debra Froling)- Absent
D. Choral Director (Gloria Hilliard)
1. The Music committee is meeting Wednesday. They have finished the 2017 Fall program, and are starting the Spring 2018 program.
E. Publicity (Jerry Shaw)
1. Jerry got a copy of the announcement for the Spring Concert but it is too early to send it. He proof
read it and made a few changes. He will get it out by April 1.
F. Ways and Means (Arlene Kovalivker)- Absent
1. Fundraiser is set for March 15 at CPK.
2. Jewelry Sales yielded $100, but we have not gotten a check yet.
3. Mike said that there is room in our storage unit for shoes if we decide to collect.
4. YTD we have gotten $148 from the Benefit mobile app.
G. Membership (Carol Fredericks)
1. No new business to report.
H. Secretary (Bonnie Hicks)
1. Donations receipts have been sent out.
- Old Business (no business held over from last year)
1. Review the production schedule focusing on the accuracy of the expected completion dates
- New Business
1. Discussion of available funds for scholarships and school grants (Guest Vita Padalino)
a) They held auditions on Saturday February 11. Gloria, Russ, Chris, and Vita was at the auditions. There were 8 applicants from many schools including Julliard, UCLA, CLU, and CSUN.
Everyone was very impressive, driven and energetic. After listening to the applicants, they ranked
them as best they could.
b) We have budgeted $1500 for scholarships and $1500 for grants.
2. Marketing information from New West Symphony- Russ was at a Westlake Rotary meeting and the
presenter is the director of Marketing and Sales for the New West Symphony. Everything she
presented can be applied to the Village Voices. She is going to give the information to Russ.
Next Meeting: March 13, 2017hostedby Arlene Kovalivker
Thank you Russ