BOARD MEETING Minutes
October 13, 2014
Home of Bryan Rickard
In Attendance: Jennifer Duke, Gloria Hilliard, Ron Kula, Bryan Rickard, Stephen Schultheis, Josh Steck
Absent: Linda Archie, Doug Askegard
7:30 Board meeting start
We decided that I would send out a final version of the minutes, which will be approved by email.
1. We moved to accept the Treasurer’s Report; the Board then voted to accept the Treasurer’s Report.
1. Linda will be meeting with Ron this week.
2. Ron passed out the production schedule for the Winter Concert 2014.
3. We are in good shape—the flyers, postcards, ad sales are all on schedule.
4. Program proofing does not need to be done until November.
5. There were issues with Dedicate-A-Song this past semester.
6. Ron feels that we are in good shape with regard to the preparations for the Holiday Concert.
7. Ron passed out a sheet describing the resources that will be available to us for our performance on October 25 commemorating the 20th anniversary of the Civic Arts Plaza.
1. The production of everything is going fine.
2. We are trying to make E-Script work.
1. Everything is up-to-date until we have the meeting with Jonathan.
2. We have to pay the balance for the rental of the theater for the December concert.
1. Larry Jordan has agreed to be the emcee.
2. Nancy Bonds has agreed to play the clarinet.
3. The scholarship winner will be singing.
4. Michael Wax, the percussionist, will be playing.
5. In the coming week, we will be auditioning members for the small group piece.
6. Gloria has heard some soloist auditions; she has not yet decided to whom to give the solos.
7. The concerts will be on the 12th and the 13th. The arrival time for the 12th is 6 pm, for the 13th is at 1 pm.
8. We are going to be having a recording night most likely on November 11.
9. We discussed the possibility of the men wearing a black shirt.
1. Doug will be following up on the check from Marmalade.
2. He is also work on acquiring a supplier for shirts, mugs, gift items with the VV logo.
1. Josh will be passing out the roster at our next rehearsal.
1. I will be sending thank-you notes to all donors.
i. TOCAP 20th anniversary – Oct 25
1. We will be singing at the all-day concert commemorating the 20th anniversary of the Civic Arts Plaza.
ii. Candlelight Service of Remembrance – Dec 7
1. We will be doing this again this year.
2. It is a very meaningful service for people who have lost a loved one.
3. We get $500 for this.
iii. Reagan Library – Dec 8
1. This will be 30 minutes of singing. We will be starting at 5:30 pm and ending at 6 pm.
2. We will be paid $450 for the performance.
i. Non Profit Status
1. It is important to keep the spirit of fun in the group.
2. However, we must also be professional in all that we do.
3. Wherever and whenever we perform, we need to look our best, because we are sending a message to the community.
ii. Professionalism in all that we do
iii. Have Fun!
We adjourned the meeting at 8:49 pm.
These minutes were prepared and submitted by Steve Schultheis, Village Voices Chorale Secretary.